Newly Engaged? Here's Your All-in-One Planning Countdown
• Discuss finances with everyone contributing to the event and set a budget.
• Set the date and ceremony/reception locations.
• Establish a guest list.
• Start thinking about the style and theme of your wedding.
• Start shopping for a gown.
6 to 9 months before
• Mail out Save-the-Dates
• Interview and book your vendors; don't forget to get a signed contract.
• Choose your attendants; shop for their dresses.
• Order your stationery.
• Start looking into honeymoon locales.
• Register for gifts.
4 to 6 months before
• Book your hair/makeup help.
• Plan the rehearsal and rehearsal
• Shop for wedding bands.
• Reserve a block of hotel rooms for your guests.
• Finalize your honeymoon plans.
2 to 4 months before
• Buy attendants' gifts.
• Get the men's fashions in order.
• Choose readings/music for the ceremony.
• Check marriage-license requirements.
• Meet with your caterer to discuss menu and drinks.
• Order the cake.
• Pick out favors.
• Plan and shop for welcome bags.
• Arrange party rentals, if necessary.
• Book your wedding-night room.
4 to 8 weeks before
• Mail out your invites.
• Do a hair/makeup run-through.
• Discuss insurance/bank account changes you'll need to make.
• Send ceremony programs, reception menu and place cards to be printed.
2 to 4 weeks before
• Submit a shot list to your photographer and setlist to your DJ.
• Finalize the seating chart and prepare escort/place cards.
• Confirm details with your vendors.
• Get your final dress fitting.
1 week before
• Give your caterer the final headcount.
• Pick up your dress; break in your shoes.
• Pack for your honeymoon.
• Organize your payments and decide who will distribute them.
1 day before
• Get a mani-pedi.
• Enjoy the rehearsal and dinner.
• Get plenty of sleep.
© Brides 365